IT Support Engineer
Salary: £18,500-£25,000 per annum based on experience
20 days holiday + bank holidays. Monday to Friday 9:00-5:30
About F8 IT Solutions:
Our business has grown steadily over the last 7 years, and with that comes the need to expand our team. We want to be able maintain the levels of service that our valued clients deserve, and are looking for someone with the same passion we have, to help us to grow even more.
Based in Aylesbury, we are a small team supporting small to medium sized businesses within the Aylesbury Vale and beyond. With a strong ethical ethos, and a desire to provide the best customer service, our customers value us as much as they would their own staff members.
About the role:
We are looking for team members to work with us long term, on a full time basis. You will work standard office hours of 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but will need the flexibility to do additional planned work on occasional evenings or weekends, according to business needs.
You will be expected to share the day to day responsibilities for providing our clients with highest level of service. This will require approximately 70% remote and phone support from our office in Aylesbury and 30% field work at customer premises.
- Supporting clients on Windows 7, 8, 10 and OSX operating systems.
- Supporting clients on Server 2008/2012/2016 operating systems.
- Supporting Android, Windows Mobile and particularly iOS operating systems.
- Email support on POP3, IMAP & MAPI systems from Exchange Server 10, web based hosting provider and Office 365.
- Visiting clients at their premises to perform regular maintenance visits – a series of checks on IT equipment and solutions.
- Workshop work including PC and laptop repairs, testing parts and providing clients with estimates for work required to resolve particular issues.
- Troubleshooting problems over the phone, remotely, in the workshop and on site.
- Troubleshooting Office Suites on Windows and OSX.
We are looking for someone with experience of working with a range of different customer needs, who is able to form a rapport easily and be a valuable member to our team. You need to be able to demonstrate good organisational skills, time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritise your own workload.
You will need to be reliable and responsible as you will be expected to take ownership of your own work for clients, and to work largely unsupervised, keeping accurate records of the work you have completed and why.
You will need to have excellent communication skills, including excellent verbal and written English, and be confident in providing support over the phone.
Initial shadowing of team members and on the job training will be provided, though an eagerness to learn new solutions will be critical. We provide up to 5 in-service training days every year, so we want someone with a passion to grow their skills and experience, who will look to expand their own knowledge.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 1 year experience providing 1st line support to businesses working on a Windows Server domain. Including complete setup of user from un-boxing to ready.
- At least 2 year experience supporting businesses on desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 10. Including advanced troubleshooting of issues.
- You will be experienced in installing network printers, either on a wired or wireless network.
- Experience working with wired and wireless networks, troubleshooting and understanding basic TCP/IP.
- Router setup and configuration knowledge, including wireless security and basic port forwarding.
- Full UK driving license and use of own car with business insurance.
Skills and experience that would be beneficial:
- Experience with various brands of routers.
- Experience supporting various mobile operating systems (Android, iOS etc).
- Experience with DNS.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 setup and configuration experience.
- Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 365 setup and configuration experience.
- Experience Group Policy editing.
- Experience writing scripts or batch files.
- Experience working with Powershell command line.
- Backup and restore experience of desktop and server operating systems.
- Proficient with hard drive cloning and partitioning tools.
- Experience setting up virtualisation technologies.
- Microsoft certification or equivalent in desktop or server operating systems.
If you would like to join the team, please say hello and tell us a little bit about yourself on our contact us page.